Welcome to St. Maurice Parish sacramental preparation program!
This year is one of preparation for the sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Communion.
We prepare together to come before the mercy of the Lord in First Reconciliation, and to receive God truly present in the Holy Eucharist at the Mass.
Click here to register for the First Communion/First Reconciliation Program for the 2019-2020 school year.
Class Schedule 2019-2020
- October 9, 2019 – 6:30-8pm
- November 13, 2019 – 7-8pm
- December 11, 2019 – 7-8pm
- January 15, 2020 – 7-8pm
* Enrollment Mass: October 20, 2019 (families should attend either the 9:00am or 11:00am Mass).
Celebration of First Reconciliation:
- January 18, 2020 at 10:00am
- February 12, 2020 – 7-8pm
- March 11, 2020 – 7-8pm
- April 15, 2020 – 7-8pm
- May 15, 2020 – 7-8pm
Celebration of First Communion:
- May 12, 2019 at 9:00am and 11:00am masses (please arrive 20 minutes prior to start of mass)
- May 19, 2019 at 9:00am and 11:00am masses (please arrive 20 minutes prior to start of mass)
*Families will only need to attend one of these four options for their child to receive First Communion. Specific dates/times for each family TBA.
Policies and Expectations
One parent/legal guardian attends class at the same time as the child. This helps you to strengthen in the understanding of the faith, help lead your child in the class content, and grow as a family of faith. Two absences are permitted, but more than that will require a possible meeting with the Pastor and make up work. Routine make up lessons are not available. Failure to attend these classes as a family, may result in a delay of the reception of the sacraments.
Contact for First Reconciliation and First Communion
For information on the sacraments of Reconciliation and First Communion, please contact the Ellen Hong, Coordinator of First Reconciliation and First Eucharist, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org