Good afternoon! Please read the e-mail below carefully, as it includes updates on activities/assignments for the week, as well as other important notices and invitations. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.
Need help locating missing workbook
One of our students misplaced her workbook on Wednesday near the coat rack. Her name is not in the book. We would greatly appreciate it if you could check to see if your child accidentally came home with an extra book. If so, please let me know as soon as you can. We would like to be able to return it to the student as soon as possible so that she can complete her lessons. Thank you so much!
Homework for the week of March 21 – March 27
1) Read: p. 111-113 in the Blessed: First Communion” book
Watch: Session 4 Episode 1: “Food for the Soul”
2) Read: p. 114-117 in the Blessed: First Communion” book
Watch: Session 4 Episode 2 : “The Liturgy of the Eucharist”
3) Read: p. 118-123 in the Blessed: First Communion” book
To view the episodes, click the link below, scroll down, and select the correct episode: https://dynamiccatholic.com/blessed/first-communion/program-view/session-4
Family Faith Habit for the Month:
A great way for us to help ourselves and our families grow in faith is to fill our homes (and cars!) with music that is uplifting and glorifies God. This month, try substituting what your family might normally listen to once or twice a week with some Christian music and see what you think 🙂 For every type of music you and your children enjoy, I guarantee there are Contemporary Christian artists with similar styles of music – rock, pop, country, latin, hip-hop – you’d be surprised!
Ottawa Christian Radio Station: CHRI 99.1
You can also listen online at http://www.chri.ca/home/
Christian Radio App: KLove http://www.klove.com/music/mobile-app/
Listen online at http://www.klove.com/
Spotify Christian Stations: https://open.spotify.com/genre/inspirational-playlists
(If you haven’t used it before, it’s completely free to set up and use an account.)
For Parents: Lectio Divina
During the March parent session, Fr. Tim and Miguel led everyone through the practice of Lectio Devinia – a beautiful method we can use to pray with scripture on our own. In case you would like a bit of a refresher over the next few weeks, below are a couple of links that outline the steps in a way that is easy to understand. The first is a video, the second is a website that writes out the steps very nicely.
For Parents: Daily Scripture Reflections
If you find that you’re interested in exploring spending more time in the Bible, it can be great to have the daily readings and reflections delivered right to your inbox. Below are a couple favourites of mine that really help me apply God’s Word to my daily life:
1) Blessed Is She https://blessedisshe.net/devotions/ – This one is for women of all ages and all seasons of life. Every day there is a link to the readings for the day, along with a lovely reflection of how it applies to every day life. If you’d like to subscribe to get it automatically sent to your email, you can do so here https://blessedisshe.net/subscribe/.
2) A Catholic Moment http://www.acatholic.org/ At the top of the page, you can click on “Daily readings” to see the readings for the day. The main web page itself offers great reflections on the daily readings that apply them to daily life. On the left-hand side of the page, you can subscribe if you’d like to receive the reflections daily in your inbox.
Our Next Class: Don’t forget! Our next class is April 10, 2019 at 7pm. Please arrive by 6:45 pm to sign in and get your materials for the month.
Have a great weekend and upcoming week!